Coming Soon

Thursday 11 April 2013

K is for Katharine Isabelle

Since I’m dedicating many of these blog posts to favourite things, I thought I’d dedicate this one to my favourite actress – Katharine Isabelle.


 I first encountered her in the Canadian werewolf movie Ginger Snaps. Katharine Isabelle and Emily Perkins (another excellent actress) play sisters whose relationship is tested when one is bitten by a mysterious creature and slowly begins to transform. The story adds a twist by running Ginger’s gradual wolfism alongside her menstrual cycle – nobody’s surprised by the growth of new hair or the increased sexuality, but a tail? Now that’s a new reason for back pain…

Most recently Isabelle took the lead role in American Mary, starring as a trainee surgeon whose financial straits lead her into illegal body modification. While the film itself occasionally lacks the courage of its convictions, Isabelle is spectacular as Mary Mason and some of the body mods shown looks amazing (the heart-shaped nipples in particular).

Now all I have to do is persuade somebody to make a film of one of my stories. Phone call for Ms Isabelle, I’ve got a part for you…

1 comment:

  1. I've watched that movie a couple of times, and I met her at a London comic convention a few years ago. She is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete