I won't bother with serving sizes as those always varied according to the dish we were using. :)
- Take one pack of beef mince and fry until brown. Put in the pie dish.
- Chop three red onions and four carrots. Add to the dish.
- Open a tin of beans and add those to the dish. We used to use flageolet beans but my husband prefers baked beans, which add a slight tomato flavour to the gravy.
- Make a cup of Bisto gravy flavoured with Bovril and add to the dish.
- Boil the potatoes and mash to your preferred consistency using milk and butter.
- Top the meat with the potatoes. Add butter to the top and ruffle the top with a fork so it will crisp in the oven.
- Heat the oven to 200C and cook for 25-30 minutes.
And now I want cottage pie.
So what are your favourite foods?