Preorder

Monday 29 July 2024

Would I stay in a haunted house? Why or why not?

 I had to laugh when this topic from Long and Short Reviews came up. Why? Because never mind if I would - I already have.

I had already attended a few paranormal investigations while I was writing "I Heard Your Voice", so when I saw that Mosborough Hall in Derbyshire were doing a deal on their haunted suite, my husband and I decided to give it a go. I can't remember what type of ghost they were supposed to have, but my husband is a huge sceptic, so I figured he would be the best person to have around in case a white lady appeared in the middle of the night.

I'm sorry to say that no ghosts turned up. We didn't even have any mysterious knocking on the pipes. The receptionist didn't look too surprised when I mentioned our complete failure, although she may have simply been relieved we weren't demanding our money back for the lack of paranormal activity. It was a perfectly nice hotel - just completely free of ghosts.

So would you stay in a haunted house?

14 comments:

  1. I bet ghosts are like buses. I bet one day, when you're not waiting on a ghost, three will turn uo at once! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with George. The next guest might have been very spooked.

    Or maybe ghosts are like cats and only approach people who are disinterested in them. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited a haunted place (at night) over a year or so ago, and someone suggested that the ghosts didn't appear because someone in our group did not believe in them. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one option, although I think my husband would be unconvinced :)

      Delete
  4. Hmm. I could visit a haunted house and call it research. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer you didn't get an apparition, but I laughed about the receptionist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good trip anyway.

    Pris cilla King, able to see comments and post comments again, hurray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was still a good weekend, and an easy way to get a deal.

      Delete
  7. I do not think one night is a enough to experience something paranormal. Working or living in a haunted place for awhile might make someone more aware of their surroundings. Eventually something unexplained will appear to them. It takes time. One night in a haunted house is not going to do it.

    ReplyDelete