Coming Soon

Tuesday 30 May 2023

Someplace I'd Love To Visit Someday

 This topic from Long and Short Reviews took a bit of consideration, because I love to travel (or rather I love visiting new places - I hate the getting there part, I'm a terrible flyer) and there are still many places I would love to see. Realistically I'm not great in extreme heat or humidity so if we're looking for somewhere perfect it would have to be within Europe - much as I would love to see Mauritius, I think I'd collapse after a day.

So I eventually settled on Venice in Italy.

I've been to Rome and the Amalfi Coast, but would love to visit Venice. It's probably not going to happen because my husband thinks the place is an open sewer. But to me it feels like an extended version of Amsterdam with all the canals, and it's always felt romantic to me. I'd love to give it a try, even for a long weekend.

So where would you love to visit someday?

14 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about travelling!

    Venice would be cool to see, though.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! I've been to Amsterdam and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go back to Amsterdam. It was a stunning place.

      Delete
  3. Both would be great destinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - Venice is more likely for me though.

      Delete
  4. Italy was part of my post today too! I'm fascinated by Tuscany, but having never been anywhere in Italy I'd happily try pretty much anywhere! I do hope you get a chance to check out Venice one day - maybe if you do a stopover on your way somewhere else or something! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I hear, better visit Venice sooner than later. The seas are overtaking it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Venice keeps sinking, so there's the see-it-while-you-can factor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Pompeii would be interesting to see. Italy does look like it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete