Coming Soon

Tuesday 25 April 2023

Films to watch when you're having a bad day

 This topic from Long and Short Reviews was surprisingly easy, as I had a bad day a few weeks back and immediately turned to one of my favourite films to lift my mood. 

I'm not normally a comedy film lover. I don't find a lot of them funny as I'm not into gross-out, public humiliation, romcoms or watching straitlaced people being slowly driven out of their mind, which covers a lot of them. However, my absolute favourite comedy film is Blazing Saddles.

Blazing Saddles is non-stop humour, brilliantly scripted and has a great performance by Gene Wilder, who was one of my all-time favourite actors. I could watch it any day of the week, but it's perfect when you're in a bad mood and need to let off some steam.

So what film do you watch when you're having a bad day?

15 comments:

  1. Blazing Saddles was one of my dad's favourite movies, though I've never seen it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched Blazing Saddles a few times but it's not nearly as fun to me as Men in Tights. It may be a matter of MiT being the first one I saw! Brooks made my list as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that one - I'll have to try it.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed it at the time, but it's become dated to me. I love lots of Brooks's films.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, excellent choice! It's a household favorite here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blazing Saddles was my father in laws favorite movie. If we weren't watching that we were watching O Brother, Where Art Thou? Both great movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of these days I'll have to find a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I seen part of this movie but never watch it all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve never seen this film, but now I want to. :)

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete