Preorder

Monday 20 May 2024

How I feel about staycations

 This topic from Long and Short Reviews was an interesting one. I had originally thought staycations simply meant spending a holiday taking a break at home, but I've since been advised that - in UK terms at least - this also means holidaying within the UK. In that case, I'm on safe ground, because there are so many beautiful places to visit in the UK, and I love to take short breaks around the country.

Living in Yorkshire, I'm within easy reach of places such as Scarborough and Whitby, where I've stayed many times. I also spent the weekend in Chapel St Leonards last year (in search of bee-eaters which were allegedly breeding locally, not that we saw any) and have a break scheduled later in the year to Great Yarmouth, which I'm very much looking forward to as I've never been there. 

Beautiful scenery, beautiful coastline and new wildlife, as well as history galore - what's not to love?

While I'm here, I just have to mention that to go along with my new release "Get Out Of Here" the previous four books in the Rock My World series are now on sale for £0.99:




They're available at https://www.firstforromance.com/series/rock-my-world - please feel free to check them out :)

So how do you feel about staycations?

 

8 comments:

  1. Scarborough and Whitby are beautiful! I live on the northeast coast and have such an affinity with the sea. Not so much sand. But certainly the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the sand, but I love to look at the sea.

      Delete
  2. Your trips sound so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed lucky that it means the entire UK. So much to see and do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so. The UK has so many beautiful places.

      Delete
  4. I didn't know the British usage. It makes sense that Americans wouldn't use it that way because the country is sooo big (and many Americans might not ever leave it). I remember visiting Europe for the first time (Copenhagen) and my host family was shocked that I had never been out of my country - but after all, they could literally bicycle to the next country (and did do so). When I lived in the middle of Texas, it was 10 hours drive either east or west at highway speeds just to leave the state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I lived in the US I could imagine rarely leaving it - there's a lot of it to see.

      Delete