Preorder

Tuesday 28 May 2024

Museums or galleries I've visited or want to visit

 This topic from Long and Short Reviews was interesting. It's been a while since I've been to any museums or galleries, I have to admit. However, there are a few I think are worthy of mention.

I've visited the Bronte Parsonage twice and would definitely recommend it if you're in the area and have an interest in the Brontes. They have a remarkable collection of Bronteana and the parsonage itself is a beautiful building. Similarly, I visited the Anne Frank House when I was in Amsterdam and found it to be a humbling experience - just seeing how enclosed their hiding place was is really quite eye-opening (although please don't go there with my ex, who stood around saying "Can we go now? This is boring.")

As for where I want to visit, I plan to go to the Richard II Museum soon (I'm a Ricardian all the way) and would love to see all of Vermeer's paintings, if not for the fact that they're all over the place.

I'm interested to see what everyone else will mention!

5 comments:

  1. I think the Anne Frank house would be an interesting place to visit! I have to say, your ex sounds wonderful... 😑.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Anne Frank House is a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many museums I want to see "across the water" if I ever get back over there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there was a R2 museum. That's really cool. We couldn't get tickets to the Anne Frank museum, so we visited the Rembrandt house, and it was definitely worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun list. I’ve been to none of them, but they all sound great. I went to the Jane Austen Centre 8n Bath, so the Brontë house be a great companion piece

    ReplyDelete