Coming Soon

Monday 25 September 2023

How I shake off a bad mood

 I'm back on Long and Short Reviews's blog posts after a break (thanks to being in hospital with a collapsed lung) and this one definitely seemed appropriate. The NHS is a wonderful thing but being in hospital isn't exactly fun - the food is terrible, going anywhere takes ages when you're hooked up to things, and sleeping is virtually impossible when you're constantly being interrupted to take vitals.

So how did I cheer myself up when I finally got home? The three Cs - cider, cheese and cats.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I made sure we had plenty of blue cheese in the house. Cider, frankly any brand will do. And, of course, my two cats Dash and Spot, who I like to think missed me a little bit even though they were as aloof as always.


So how do you shake off a bad mood?

12 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry to read about your collapsed lung! It sounds awful. Yeah, hospitals aren't fun, but at least you had your three Cs to look forward to, and I hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you've not been well.... so glad you are back home and feeling better. And, I agree with your 3Cs.... those sound like perfect cheerer-uppers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been sick!

    Your cats are adorable.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats can make you laugh, mine are a riot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So are mine - they're fighting with a shopping bag right now.

      Delete
  5. I'm very glad to hear you are on the mend and back home. A collapsed lung sounds scary! Your cats are incredibly cute, and I hope you are able to enjoy your three Cs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an excellent trinity of mood-lifters! I missing having cats -- the dog can be cheering in his way, but it just isn't the same -- but cheese and cider sounds wonderful right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you had that hospital stay... hope you stay healthy! And my mouth is watering at the thought of blue cheese. LOVE it. Cats, too, but right now the cheese is winning...

    ReplyDelete