Coming Soon

Monday 13 February 2023

My favourite food

 This topic from Long and Short Reviews was definitely a tough one, and I'm still not convinced I've got a straight answer for it.

Whenever people give me that question about "If you could only have one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?" I get stuck, because my favourite food varies all the time. I usually just stick to a cuisine for the answer and pick Thai, because I absolutely love Thai food (although not curries, because I can't stand coconut). 

And if I'm asked for a favourite dessert, it would probably be lime cheesecake. Lime is one of my favourite flavours, and it's never a bad day for cheesecake.

However, my favourite meals at the moment in general are probably pizza - usually a meat feast - or fish and chips. It always amazes me that apparently they don't have fish and chips in the US. Believe me, you're missing out.

So what's your favourite food?

14 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of fish and chips to eat, but the smell is out of this world. I can't explain it. Just another one of life's oddities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all delicious.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are - it was impossible to choose between them.

      Delete
  3. It is hard to pin it down to just one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, yes, pretty sure I could subsist on Thai food for the rest of my life. That said, I'm pretty sure we're having pizza for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't pick just one either. Although Thai is a favorite it didn't make my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love fish'n'chips...and the more malt vinegar the better. And we have them over her, but not like y'all do in the UK. And, what we do have is not as good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite widespread fear of smelling like a fish-eating person to quadruped-eating people, we have restaurant chains that specialize in fried fish in the Southern States. No cones of newspaper, though, and either lemon wedges or tomato ketchup or white tartar sauce, not vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like tartar sauce, but definitely prefer vinegar.

      Delete