Coming Soon

Monday 18 July 2022

Describe a perfect weekend getaway

 I surprisingly had a bit of trouble with this topic from Long and Short Reviews. My husband and I go away for the weekend a few times a year, and where I want to go can vary wildly depending on my mood. Pretty much everywhere we've been has been perfect at some point.

For instance, last weekend we popped down to London as I had tickets to the Globe and he wanted to visit the RAF Museum. While I was busy watching King Lear he roamed around the capital taking photos of things and then we met up in the evening to visit our favourite restaurant. It's all good.

We've also been to Rome, the Lake District and Scotland for weekend getaways, all of which I would do again - Rome in particular is a beautiful city, I could have stood at the Trevi Fountain all day - and I would love to go back to Amsterdam one day.

However, at the moment my idea of a perfect getaway would be Iceland. It's not cheap, but I would dearly love to see the Northern Lights.

So what's your idea of a perfect weekend getaway?

4 comments:

  1. I love the fact (and am incredibly jealous) that in England you are so close to so many awesome places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have some lovely sights to see here, I agree!

      Delete
  2. Lots of things you've done, wonderful. Iceland would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go there one day. It looks stunning.

      Delete