Coming Soon

Monday 4 July 2022

Have you met anyone famous? Who?

 This topic from Long and Short Reviews depends entirely on how you define the word "met".

A couple of soap operas are filmed in our area, so I've certainly seen several actors around town. I saw Stephen Tompkinson having dinner with his family in the same restaurant we were in, and encountered Richard Madeley and Judy Finnegan in a theatre. However, they were out in public and I didn't bother them - as an autograph collector I make it a rule never to bother a celebrity when they're off the clock.

I also encountered Ricky Gervais out jogging in Central Park once, but again I let him go straight past me. I doubt he'd have appreciated being spoken to.

I got autographs from Darren Day and Philip Schofield at a Radio One roadshow in a theme park once, which was certainly fun, but extremely fleeting.

However, the one celebrity I can say I've properly met was Lee Otway of "Hollyoaks" fame. My brother-in-law knew him and invited him to a party I was also at. I can't say I spoke much to him - he was much more interested in the food and waitresses - but he did get us into the VIP room at a nightclub afterwards, so I can't complain!

So have you met anyone famous?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Only time I've ever managed to get into one - it was quite impressive!

      Delete
  2. Heh. See, I essentially never see famous people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have apparently walked past a few in London and not noticed them at all. They were probably fine with that.

      Delete
  3. I am on vacation and was out on a boat for the day Wednesday, so I missed this one.It's always exciting just to see someone famous... and how cool is it that you collect autographs. Do you have a special book for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have about four albums full of autographs at the moment. I probably need to organise them better.

      Delete