Coming Soon

Monday 26 July 2021

Movie that could be about me

 Okay, I'm going to admit I cheated with this one, because I honestly couldn't think of a TV show, book or film that could be about me. There have been quite a few that resonated with me in parts, but none that I could point to and say "That's so like my life!" So I picked a character from one of my books and the film I used as inspiration. It does, at least, have a small connection to me as it's about my imagination.

The film is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and the character is Azure Wilder.

Some time after I watched this film, which is one of my favourites, I had a dream about two sisters (I somehow managed to play both in the dream - funny how that works). One sister had visited the chocolate factory and never came out, the other was left wondering what was inside this magical place and wishing for her to come back. 

I reworked this into a central part of the plot of Photograph



Tara and Azure, as children, have often visited the local theme park owned by celebrity Liam Wilder and Tara is obsessed with him, but as an adult Azure wins a competition to fly to the American branch of the theme park and meet him - and never returns, marrying him instead. The turmoil this creates in their relationship is the driving force behind the plot.

So do you have a TV show, book or film which could be about you?

8 comments:

  1. Very cool! I like how you used the film for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love stories that come out of dreams. So much fun! And this sounds like a particularly intriguing take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true that dreams make great books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you dreamed the story inspiration. I wish I could remember my dreams better. My post is here if you want to come by: http://jhthomas.blogspot.com/2021/07/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-tv.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember mine as much any more, but I write them down whenever I can.

      Delete