I'm back after a few weeks dealing with chemotherapy as this topic from Long and Short Reviews interested me.
I grew up in Lancashire and now live in Yorkshire, so as far as I'm concerned my geographic area covers the whole of the north of England. There are quite a few foods which are well-known up here, but three immediately leapt to mind when I saw this prompt.
Lancashire hotpot - a dish I've had made a number of ways, but essentially is a dish of lamb and vegetables with sliced potatoes on top. Best when the potatoes are thin and crispy.
Eccles cakes - a flat currant-filled flaky pastry. Not to be confused with Chorley cakes, which are similar but not flaky.
And of course Yorkshire puddings, which are crisp, savoury and served with roast beef. My mum used to make one large one for the family, but many people will make several smaller ones instead.
I'm interested to see what everyone else will mention!
No comments:
Post a Comment