Coming Soon

Monday 5 April 2021

Books I chose based on the title

 I deliberately missed out the part about covers in this topic from Long and Short Reviews, as I couldn't think of a single book I chose based on its cover. I have, however, chosen a number of books based on their title.

Here Be Sexist Vampires - Suzanne Wright. I had no idea what this would be about (other than sexist vampires) but I couldn't resist a title like that. As it happened, it's a remarkably well written erotic romance with some interesting world building.

In Appreciation Of Their Cox - Janine Ashbless. This is a short erotica about an eight-man rowing team with a female cox, and definitely does what it says on the tin.

Stacy's Dad Has Got It Going On - Giselle Renarde. The title made me collapse laughing - the song is a guilty pleasure for me, and this was certainly a take on romance that I had never seen before. It didn't go the way I expected, but was always entertaining.

So which books did you choose based on the cover or title?

11 comments:

  1. Here Be Sexist Vampires is such a funny title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those titles. I'll have to check all of those out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, yes, I can absolutely see why you'd need to read these based on the title alone. (I had trouble with the covers part of the question too, so I went with titles as well.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist finding out if the story was as good as the title.

      Delete
  4. Appreciation has an interesting double meaning title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The advantage of erotica and erotic romance is you can get away with titles like that.

      Delete
  5. I love when authors use words with more than one meaning (i.e. "cox" here). Sounds like some good choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can get away with a lot when you write erotica.

      Delete