Coming Soon

Monday 16 November 2020

Funniest things that have happened to me

 It's funny how it works. I'm sure there are hundreds of things in my life that have been funny, but when Long and Short Reviews asked for some of them, suddenly I was completely unable to think of any.

So I stuck with something that is a constant source of amusement - people's reactions to my blue hair.

People often tell me I'm brave for having bright blue hair. I don't know about that. It definitely draws attention - I've often had comments about it from complete strangers, and frequently hear little kids squealing "Look mummy, blue hair!" For some reason medical professionals always say the same thing about it, which is "You look like a mermaid!" It's almost always positive, so I don't mind it.

It has, however, been negative three times.

Once from the bloke in the corner shop near my old house, who felt the need to tell me I would look much better with a more natural colour while I was waiting for him to stop talking and hand over my change.

Once from a car salesman who asked me "Did your mother bang the Cookie Monster?"

And once from a charmless idiot last Saturday as I was crossing the car park to go to the supermarket. Mr Loudmouth pulled up in front of me in his car and shouted out of the window "You Smurfy-looking fuck!"

Everyone's got an opinion, apparently.

So what funny things have happened to you?

14 comments:

  1. Sheesh! I think coloured hair is pretty cool. If my hair reacted better to dyes, I might have bright hair as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found blue lasts really well in my hair. Much better than red, which washes out very quickly.

      Delete
  2. I expect there's at least one upcoming commenter who will be on your side (you know who you are).

    I'm always shocked when people think it's okay to say things like that. My mama always taught me that if you can't say something nice, just keep your mouth shut.

    You do you, girl!

    I'm here today: http://www.mariannearkins.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-funniest-things/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have no idea why he thought I would care about his opinion.

      Delete
  3. I believe I might be the upcoming commenter that Marianne mentions and I think it's great you have blue hair. I do, too. Have for almost ten years. I had someone touch my hair and ask me if it was mine. Like had I bought it. I said, it's glued on good and proper, so yes, its mine. My tot looked at me and asked why would someone think it wasn't my hair. So there you go.

    Rock that blue hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... of course I meant you :-D

      Delete
    2. "Is that really your hair?"

      "No. I took it from the last person who asked me that question."

      Delete
    3. I love having blue hair. Shame it's so high maintenance, but you can't have everything.

      Delete
  4. My daughter bought a number of colored wigs, one of them is blue. She looks good in all of them, and it does get her noticed, which is what she wants. I don't think she's had any negative comments yet, but if she did most likely wouldn't tell me. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found most people are very positive. It's only been those three so far who didn't like it.

      Delete
  5. LOL Funny how people feel the need to voice and opinion. I had bright green streaks in my hair for a year or so and had the same type of comments. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/funniest-things-that-have-happened-to-me-lsrs-weekly-blogging-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only just started dying my hair this year (it's one of the healthier coping methods I've come up with so far) and right now it's blue too! (Nice dark blue, too - I'm finding the darker colors suit me better.) So far I haven't gotten any negative responses -- not even at work -- but I suppose the year isn't over yet.

    My answer is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is very bright, but I've had it dark blue too.

      Delete